Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Independent on American Nations


Early this morning I did an interview with a reporter from The Independent, Bridie Pearson-Jones about American Nations. Here's the resulting feature, with lots of maps and not a few quotes from me.

Note that not all the quotes are quite accurate -- I invited a comparison between the 1916 and the 2008 or 2012 presidential county result maps, rather than the 2016 one (which has some distinctive features), and I said we're *not* becoming a purple nation because of the self-sorting phenomenon -- and also that my last name is rendered throughout with an extra w"... but I'm nonetheless pleased book has continued to draw attention on the other side of the Atlantic. [Update, 5/11/17: The Independent has kindly corrected all of this as of yesterday.]






No comments:

Post a Comment