Tuesday, March 8, 2011

American Nations Cometh


For those who've kindly expressed interest in my forthcoming book, I finally have some fresh details. The book has an official title -- American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America -- and even a cover, which you can see above.

Viking has it scheduled for a September 1 release, so bookstore buyers will see it in the Fall 2011 catalog, out soon. Those interested in regular updates are always welcome to drop me an e-mail.

American Nations is my fourth book, and my second with Viking. The others are The Republic of Pirates: Being the True and Surprising Story of the Caribbean Pirates and the Man Who Brought Them Down (Harcourt, 2007); The Lobster Coast: Rebels, Rusticators, and the Struggle for a Forgotten Frontier (Viking, 2004); and Ocean's End: Travels Through Endangered Seas (Basic Books, 2000.)

[Update, 3/25/2011: The official catalog copy is out; links to it from here.]

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from SoPo. I'm late to the party and just read The Lobster Coast. It was a delight and I look forward to this year's release.

    ReplyDelete