Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lobster Coast talk: Scarborough, Maine, Sept. 26

The town of Scarborough chose my book, The Lobster Coast, to be their community read this year. On Saturday, September 26, the Scarborough Public Library is hosting a day-long event including lobster rolls, children's events, a discussion with lobstermen and members of very old Maine families, and book discussions.

I'll be giving my keynote, taking questions, and signing books from 9:30 to 11 or so. But Crusher, the mascot of Portland's new minor league NBA franchise, the Red Claws, will be upstaging me an hour later. Who can compete with a bipedal dancing decapod?

For details on the event, go here. For my own event schedule, try here.

I'm also appearing at the Susan L Curtis Foundation's annual auction here in Portland, Maine tomorrow night, September 25, 2009. It's a fundraiser for a good cause, so you need to buy a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment