Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Talking Pirates: Kennebunk, Maine, June 25th

If you happen to live in York County, Maine, I'll be speaking about the golden age pirates -- subject of my book, The Republic of Pirates -- at the Kennebunk Free Library this Thursday, June 25th and 6:30. (Kennebunk's Community Read this year is Treasure Island, and we're kicking things off with the tale of the pirates who inspired Robert Louis Stevenson.)

I'll also be speaking about my new book project in Boothbay Harbor on July 1st and on the past, present, and future of coastal Maine (topic of my previous book, The Lobster Coast) in Stonington, Maine on July 23. Lobster Coast is going to be Scarborough, Maine's Community Read this year, and I'll be speaking there the morning of September 26.

There's a full schedule of upcoming events at my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment